A month ago, I booked a flight to Manila. Why? Well first, the price is cheap. And it’s a chance to meet up with friends that I haven’t seen for about a year or so.
A week prior my flight, I met these two amazing women at work who turned out to be Sales & Marketing Heads of Inflatable Island (Zambales), Dessert Museum (Manila) and the soon to open Happy Beach (Cebu). To cut this short, they invited me to visit their properties for FREE and that I can bring friends along.
Inflatable Island, the biggest floating playground with over 4,100 sqm, as big as 8 basketball courts combined in a beach area making it a HUGE BEACH PLAYGROUND with slides, towers, bridges, human launchers and swings!
Not just that, they have these Bali-inspired cottages and sun beds in unicorn colors of pink and purple! Totally instagrammable – eye candy. The view alone is already worth the 3-4 hour drive.
Location: Subic Bay Waters, National HIghway, Lower Kalaklan, Olongapo City, Zambales, PH
Depth of Inflatable Island: 4 – 20 feet
Attire: Swim wears without buttons, zippers or any sharp objects such as earrings, watches or rings are not allowed
WHAT TO DO / ACTIVITIES
WHERE TO EAT
There are food chains right beside the Bali Lounge – you can choose from cold drinks, snacks and rice meals.
They allowed us to bring our chips and bottled water. Heavy meals (rice, pizza, etc) are not allowed.
how to get there
Inflatable Island is roughly 122 km from Quezon City; 3- 4hour ride.
• Fare is at Php 194 – 245 per person. With insurance! 🙂
• Check bus schedule HERE
• Contact details of Victory Liner: 02-727-4688, 02-727-4534, 0998-591-5054
• Fee for the jeep is Php 10/person
Please note that we can be found in WAZE or GOOGLE MAPS by searching “Inflatable Island“. However, ENTRY IS IN SAMBA BLUEWATER RESORT.
WHERE TO STAY
- DAY TOUR is possible, if you are coming from Manila. Bus going back to Manila is available until 10pm. Call the Victory Liner to reconfirm especially on peak months or holidays
You can stay on most Subic Bay Freeport Hotels with no worries.
0800H – Bus Ride from Cubao Victory Liner (There is no specific schedule. You will be assigned a bus number based on your arrival. You may join prior bus if it is still not full)
1100H – ETA in Olongapo; Lunch (There are food chains near the VLT – Chowking, Jollibee, Mang Inasal)
1230H – Locate the blue jeep terminal infront of Olongapo Electric Distribution Company near Chowking (few steps from VLT)
1240H – Jeep ride to Samba Bluewater Resort
1250H – ETA at Samba Bluewater Resort where Inflatable Island is located
1300H – Present your purchased tickets; you can also buy tickets there but rates are higher compare to online and there are chances that slots are already sold out
1330H – 5min orientation regarding the do’s and dont’s on the Inflatable Playground
1340H – PLAY TIME
1530H – Shower. Chill at Bali Lounge. Snacks
1700H – Pack up. Ride jeep to VLT
1730H – ETA at VLT; Dinner
1800H – Bus ride to Manila
2200H – ETA in Manila
- Purchase your tickets prior your visit to the property as it gets sold out really fast. You may book it HERE
- SPRINKLE – One hour pass – Php 499/person
- SPLASH – Two hour pass – Php 549/person; Walk-in rate is Php 599/person
- SPRAY – Half day pass – Php 749/person; Walk-in rate is Php 799/person
- SOAKED – Whole day pass – Php 849/person; Walk-in rate is Php 899/person
- Check time slots HERE
- Best time to go is during dry season from October to May
- You can wear anything comfortable BUT if you are going on the Inflatable please observe proper dress code – Swimwear without any buttons, zippers, metals
- There is locker area for Php _____ (rate to follow)
- 2 hour pass is actually more than enough for the Inflatable playground. I’m pretty sure you’re already tired after that.
- Best time to “play” for me is from 330pm to 5pm, it’s not that sunny hot anymore
- Do your warm up prior the activity. Believe me it is kinda difficult! Hahaha
Manila to Olongapo (roundtrip) – Php 424.00 (Php 212/way)
Blue Jeep from Olongapo to Inflatable Island (roundtrip) – Php 20.00 (Php 10/way)
One hour pass- Php499/person
Travel date: NOVEMBER 10, 2018
TOTAL – PHP 943.00/person
You will be exactly as happy as you decide to be.