Follow her adventures:
BLOG POST FROM A CONTRIBUTOR, Yey!
Quezon Province is so worth the 5+ hours travel time from Manila. Batangas and Zambales? It’s high time that you try something new. Go to Cagbalete Island and make your weekend a tranquil escape.
It’s the perfect place to de-stress from the toxicity of Metro Manila. Just lie on the shore, connect with nature, write poems, and enjoy the peaceful island life away from the crowd. What I mostly love in this island is its remoteness as this is the farthest island from the rest of Mauban.
The clear water is rich in marine life where you could swim with starfishes!
Location: Lamon Bay
Adjacent bodies of water: Philippine Sea
WHAT TO DO / ACTIVITIES
WHERE TO EAT
You can ask the locals to cook for you 🙂 Or just bring enough food for the trip if you want to save a few bucks.
HOW TO GET THERE
Cagbalete is an island located six kilometers northeast of Mauban (in Quezon Province).
- Travel time is 4 – 5 hours (Php 220.00); First trip is 4am
- Note: There are also trips in Cubao
- Travel time is 20 mins (Php 60.00)
- Travel time is 5 mins; (Php 10.00)
- Travel time is 1.5 hours (Php 200.00) ***Php 500.00 for private boat
- Note: This could be rough sail as you will cruise over Pacific Ocean.Prepare for a rollercoaster ride 🙂 Take bonamine as needed. Take the earliest trip (10am) as possible because when low tide hits, the water recedes and the boat will not be able to drop you off at the shore.
- Boat sched
- 10am and 4pm (Mauban to Cagbalete)
- 730am and 1pm (Cagbalete to Mauban)
WHERE TO STAY
Bring your tent and pay Php 200 overnight fee. You can also rent their tents for Php 300 including entrance fee. I stayed in Nilandingan Cove 🙂
There are about 8 resorts in the island which costs from Php 500-1000 for room accommodation
To follow; For updating
- Bring powerbanks! Electricity runs from 6am-6pm only. Most resorts have generators until 12pm.
- Bring bottled water to avoid paying higher price at the island.
- There is cellphone signal but is limited to 3G only for both networks.
- Wake up early for sun rise and enjoy swimming while it’s high tide.
- Contact Person: Kuya Jimlet - (0948) 448 8611
Bus Fare (Buendia – Lucena) Php 220.00 (RT – Php 440.00)
Bus fare (Lucena – Mauban) Php 60.00 (RT – Php 120.00)
Tricycle to Mauban Port Php 10.00 (RT – Php 20.00)
Tricycle to Sabang Port Php 10.00 (RT – Php 20.00)
Public Boat to Nilandingan Cove Php 200.00 (RT – Php 400.00)
Environmental fee Php 50.00
Overnight Fee Php 200.00
Meals (optional) bring your food Php 0.00
TOTAL: Php 1,250.00
If you want a laid-back and peaceful beach, this is the perfect place for you. Swim in the pristine beach, walk in the white sands, write poetry under the coconut tree or while lying on the hammock, dive under the clear blue waters and say hello to the starfishes and other marine life. This is exactly the way of living; work hard but travel harder. You only get to enjoy the other side of the world when you travel far away from the concrete jungle of the metro.